Follow

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

THIS POST IF FULL OF CRAP (COMPLETELY RELIABLE ANSWERS for PEOPLE)


Yesterday I tormented you with picture puzzles.  Today we have logic puzzles.  The answers are below the cartoons so you won't be tempted to cheat.  No thinking will be required for tomorrow's post!

1. No matter how terrible things get for the people of the Arctic, they will not eat a penguin. Why not?

2. There is a chain nailed to the wall. The chain is 10 feet long and the center of the chain dips down 5 feet from where each side of the chain is nailed to the wall. How far are the 2 ends of chain from each other?

3. Two people are born at the same moment, but they don't have the same birthdays. How could this be?

4. There is a party of 100 high-powered politicians. All of them are either honest or liars. You walk in knowing two things:
At least one of them is honest.
If you take any two politicians, at least one of them is a liar.
From this information, can you know how many are liars and how many are honest?

5. There's a place in the world where the wind blows south then suddenly north. Where is it?

6. If a white house is white and a yellow house is yellow, what color is a green house?

7. You get trapped in a psycho's mansion during a power outage & you find the psycho. He tells you that to get out you must hold your breath under water for 10 minutes, wrestle a large bear, or sit in the electric chair for ten seconds while it is on. Which should you choose?

8. What is the only question you can't honestly answer yes to? 

 9. Timmy's mother has three children. The first was named April. The next was named May. What is the final one's name?

10. Imagine you are in a room, no doors, windows or anything; how do you get out?

11. If you are in a race, what place are you in if you take over the person who is in second place?

12. Mike is a butcher. He is 5'10" tall. What does he weigh?


















ANSWERS:

1. Penguins live in the Antarctic (south), not the Arctic (north).

2. Both ends are nailed with the same nail. In order for the 10 foot chain to dip down 5 feet it must dip 5 feet down and 5 feet up, totaling the length of the chain.

3. They are born in different places, in different time zones.

4. Yes, from the information you know 1 is honest and 99 are liars. One of them is honest satisfying the first piece of information. Then if you take the honest man and any other politician, the other politician must be a liar to satisfy the second piece of information, 'If you take any two politicians, at least one of them is a liar.' So 99 are liars.  And they ARE politicians!!

5. The South Pole. Until it reaches the pole it is going south, then as it passes the pole it is going north.

6.  A greenhouse (for plants) is made of glass generally so it is clear.

7. The electric chair because the power is out.

8. Are you dead? (assuming you are dead) Every other question you can answer 'yes' even if you are wrong.

9. Timmy, of course.

10. Stop imagining.

11. 2nd

12. Meat










----fishducky


 




18 comments:

  1. I feel a teeny bit smarter today. Or perhaps just more logical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4 an honest politician?
    #10 no doors? walk through the empty doorway. oh shush, I am so too right.
    I surprised myself with these today :)
    And yes, I have met someone and wondered who ties their shoes for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one reason I go barefoot most of the time!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for restoring a wee bit of my self esteem. I did much better today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomorrow you won't have to think AT ALL!!

      Delete
  4. I must confess that I've taken refuge in logical arguments, without positive results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reminded of your post today. My mind is made up--don't confuse me with facts!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Ponder away if you think it will help!!

      Delete
  6. I'm so tired today, I didn't even try. Oh, I know excuses, excuses.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's OK--this test will not count on your final grade!!

      Delete
  7. Well that was different, I haven't had my morning coffee yet so I'm
    still asleep,./;'
    Merle;'[],./;i

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably easier when you're asleep!!

      Delete
  8. I did really well except for one...I'll stop imagining now--LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have too much imagination, I guess, eh? LOL!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.