Follow

Monday, May 23, 2016

THIS POST SHOULD NOT BE READ BY YOUNG PUNKS



3 cartoons--1 example:




(This was sent to me by my friend Carole, to whom I am grateful.)


This should be read only by those whose level of maturity qualifies them to relate to it... 

1966: Long hair 
20
16: Longing for hair

1966: KEG 
20
16: EKG

1966: Acid rock 
20
16: Acid reflux

1966: Moving to California because it's cool 
20
16: Moving to Arizona because it's warm

1966: Trying to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor 
20
16: Trying NOT to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor

1966: Seeds and stems
20
16: Roughage

1966: Hoping for a BMW
20
16: Hoping for a BM

1966: Going to a new, hip joint
20
16: Receiving a new hip joint

1966: Rolling Stones 
20
16: Kidney Stones 

1966: Screw the system
20
16: Upgrade the system

1966: Disco
20
16: Costco

1966: Parents begging you to get your hair cut
20
16: Children begging you to get their heads shaved

1966: Passing the drivers' test
20
16: Passing the vision test

1966: Whatever
2016: Depends

Just in case you weren't feeling too old today, this will certainly change things. Each year the staff at Beloit College in Wisconsin puts together a list to try to give the faculty a sense of the mindset of this year's incoming freshmen. 

Here's this year's list:

The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born in 1998.

They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.

Their lifetime has always included AIDS. 

Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic.

The CD was introduced 7 years before they were born. 

They have always had an answering machine.. 

They have always had cable.

They cannot fathom not having a remote control.

Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.

They never took a swim and thought about Jaws. 

They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.

They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.

They never heard: "Where's the Beef?", "I'd walk a mile for a Camel", or "de plane, Boss, de plane.."

They do not care who shot J. R. and have no idea who J. R. even is.

McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers. 

They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter. 

Do you feel old yet? Pass this on to the other old fogies on your list. Notice the larger type, that's for those of you who have trouble reading.. 


So have a nice day!! It is good to have friends who know about these things and are still alive and kicking!!


(senioradventureswithlindakay)

























The best thing about being old is that your friends tell you all their secrets--they know you'll never remember them----fishducky

 


20 comments:

  1. What a kind and funny post. It's not easy, getting older. Your post helps me feel brave. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing and wincing. Simultaneously. Probably good aerobic exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giggling here, but quietly, I'm too tired to laugh out loud. Must be that getting old thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all old jokes. Which Mrs. C says about me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of laughs here but especially about being an old lady as being a choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't remember choosing that, EITHER!!

      Delete
  6. Great Thanks Fran! Excuse me while I Exlax, I mean Relax!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, lax is lax!! Or does that mean you're taking ExLax again?

      Delete
  7. Absolutely every word in this is true, applicable.

    On Wed. I will have to ask my 11 yr. old gr-daughter to help me with my phone. She has never heard of rotary dialing phones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or, I presume, phones with "tails"!!

      Delete
  8. You have done it again. You condensed the past two decades into one blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the Reader's Digest of blogland!!

      Delete
  9. I still can't believe the demise of cursive writing. My son, who WILL enter college this fall, says they stopped teaching it when he was in 3rd grade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will they do away with calligraphy, too?

      Delete
  10. I'm busy practicing my secret code. I also own an old Underwood manual typewriter--LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.