Follow

Thursday, June 23, 2016

SOME OF THE FUNNIEST TRUE THINGS ANYONE HAS EVER SAID


Many years ago, Bud & I were in the Virgin Islands with a couple of young ladies from his office--our friends.  One of them, Yolanda, had worn the same pair of gold earrings since her mother had given them to her as a child.  She didn't own any others.  Since jewelry prices were relatively low in St. Thomas & there was no duty charged, she decided to buy a pair of diamond studs while we were there & to give the gold earrings to her niece.  We ladies went shopping.  We came over to check on Yolanda, who was trying on earrings.  She is petite & had on a pair of relatively large diamond studs.  She asked us if we thought the diamonds were too large.  I loved the saleswoman's comment: "Honey, there's no such thing as diamonds that are too large!!"

Some quotes are deep & thoughtful, some are clever, some are true & some are personal. Most of these, collected by BuzzFeed, are all of those & out & out funny:

1. On success:

2. On patriotism:

3. On exercise:

4. On afternoons:

5. On journalists:

6. On making plans:

7. On writers:

8. On judgment:

9. On self-knowledge:

10. On Cincinnati:

11. On becoming a writer:

12. On fashion:

13. On sweaters:

14. On style:

15. On genius:

16. On Shakespeare:

17. On digestion:

18. On writing:

19. On romance:

20. On perspective:

21. On drinking:

22. On government:

23. On law:

24. On inner peace:

25. On death:

Humans aren't the only ones who talk:

















Talking to yourself is fine.  Asking yourself a question & then saying "What?" is another story----fishducky

 








15 comments:

  1. "talking to your self is fine." well thank goodness. now, how about talking to TVs and stuffed toys and laptops? And mobile phones that refuse to send messages?

    I have to disagree with Mark Twain, #22: we most certainly do NOT have the best government money can buy. Although we do have a bought government they're nowhere near the best they could be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One must be polite--I once walked into a table & said, "Excuse me."!!

      Delete
  2. River is right. And I talk to rather a lot of inanimate objects too. I don't usually expect an answer though.
    Despite its cost our government economises on quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The inanimate object I talk to the most is my husband!!

      Delete
  3. I like everyone I have ever met and hate everyone else - cranky

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are good. I ask myself questions and answer them. I'm the only one that seems to know what I'm talking about.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone enjoys an intelligent conversation!!

      Delete
  5. Ahhh! So glad to get your blog posts again. Sorry to be a PITA, but I enjoy them so much. ;) Loved the quotes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are NOT a PITA--I', happy to get my posts to someone who really enjoys them (besides me)!!

      Delete
    2. That should have been "I'm happy"

      Delete
  6. When I get on my talking scale it yells, "One at a time!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do what I do--turn the volume down!!

      Delete
  7. Loved these and realized I kind of think like some really smart people. Gotta love Mark Twain's simplistic diet plan. Think I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love eating whatever I want but I hate when the foods fight it out inside me!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.