Follow

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

WHO'S AFRAID OF THE BIG BAD WOLF?


NOT that kind of wolf--this kind:

Some quotes about wolves from goodreads.com:

“Everyone knew there were wolves in the mountains, but they seldom came near the village - the modern wolves were the offspring of ancestors that had survived because they had learned that human meat had sharp edges.”
― Terry PratchettEqual Rites

“That we can never know," answered the wolf angrily. "That's for the future. But what we can know is the importance of what we owe to the present. Here and now, and nowhere else. For nothing else exists, except in our minds. What we owe to ourselves, and to those we're bound to. And we can at least hope to make a better future, for everything.”
― David Clement-Davies

“I knew he wouldn't come, but I howled anyway, and when I did, the other wolves would pass images of him to me of what he looked like: lithe, gray, yellow-eyed. I would pass back images of my own, of a wolf on the edge of the woods, silent and cautious, watching me. The images, clear as the slender-leaved trees in front of me, made finding him seem urgent, but I didn't know how to begin to look.”

“ 'I killed their pack leader,' Sevro says when I ask why the wolves follow him. He looks me up and down and flashes me an impish grin from beneath the wolf pelt. 'Don't worry, I wouldn't fit in your skin.' ”
― Pierce BrownRed Rising

“People who entered the Courtyard without an invitation were just plain crazy! Wolves were big and scary and so fluffy, how could anyone resist hugging one just to feel all that fur?
“Ignore the fluffy,” she muttered. “Remember the part about big and scary.”
― Anne BishopWritten in Red

“Those are the voices of my brothers, darling; I love the company of wolves.” 

“She slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew a lion was among them.” 

“To run with the wolf was to run in the shadows, the dark ray of life, survival and instinct. A fierceness that was both proud and lonely, a tearing, a howling, a hunger and thirst. Blessed are they who hunger and thirst. A strength that would die fighting, kicking, screaming, that wouldn't stop until the last breath had been wrung from its body. The will to take one's place in the world. To say 'I am here.' To say 'I am.” 

“Fear isn't so difficult to understand. After all, weren't we all frightened as children? Nothing has changed since Little Red Riding Hood faced the big bad wolf. What frightens us today is exactly the same sort of thing that frightened us yesterday. It's just a different wolf. This fright complex is rooted in every individual.”
― Alfred Hitchcock

And some wolf jokes:

Q: What happened to the wolf that ate garlic? A: His breath was worse than his bite.
 halloweenjokes.com

Q: What does a wolf receptionist say? A: Howl may I help you?

Q: What did the grape say when the wolf stood on it? A: Nothing, it just let out a little wine. 

Q: What do you call a lost wolf? A: A where-wolf.

Q: What do you get when you cross Fred Astaire and a wolf? A: Dances with wolves.

Q: What did the wolf say when someone stepped on his foot? A: Aoooowwwwww! 


A man and his pet wolf walk into a bar. It's about 5pm, but they're ready for a good night of drinking. They start off slowly, watching TV, drinking beer, eating peanuts. As the night goes on they move to mixed drinks, and then shooters, one after the other. Finally, the bartender says, “Last call." So, the man says, "One more for me... and one more for my wolf."

The bartender sets them up and they shoot them back. Suddenly, the wolf falls over dead. The man throws some money on the bar, puts on his coat and starts to leave.

The bartender yells, "Hey buddy, you can't just leave that lyin' there." To which the man replies, "That's not a lion, that's a wolf."

My friend Carole sent me this.
I found it fascinating:


OK, so the jokes weren't very good.
These cartoons are funny
& there are lots of extras today!!

















Did Virginia Woolf live in Richmond?----fishducky

 







16 comments:

  1. Wolves get seriously bad press. I always wanted the wulluf to eat Lambsie...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're evil--I like that in a person!!

      Delete
  2. Jilda had a sheepskin coat when she was younger and wolves surrounded her each time she wore it :)

    I'm not sure why, but your blog doesn't send notifications when you post. I've signed up twice and it will send them for a while and then it goes out to lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your first sentence needs a drum roll. I don't know why you don't get notifications & I don't know what to do about it. I DO know that you are not alone!!

      Delete
  3. I quite like wolves, but in their habitat, not in my house and certainly not in Victoria's Secret, which made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ONE reason I've never been in a Victoria's Secret!!

      Delete
  4. Loved that video, very interesting. Callie liked the wolves howling beginning.
    The sheep in wolves clothing made me grin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ....Quack snorting.....nuff said

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found THAT cartoon frightening, being a duck & all!!

      Delete
  6. Great video. I have watched that before.
    Love the O.R. Melling quote!
    Great cartoons. I've missed your posts. Will go through the backlog when I am done binging OITNB--LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched a few seasons of that then I quit--do you think I should watch more?

      Delete
  7. Wolves get such a bad rap, but they truly are magnificent creatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it weren't for wolves, we wouldn't have our wonderful dogs!!

      Delete
  8. Life is a chain, and when one link is taken out, the chain collapses. Wolves changes the chain. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.