Follow

Thursday, July 21, 2016

ANMALS THAT ARE EVEN WEIRDER THAN A FISHDUCKY




She probably shouldn't have worn this dress to the awards while it was molting:


This is a duck billed platypus.
I've always thought they were one of God's experiments gone wrong.
Their babies are not called cubs, pups or kittens; they are merely baby platypus.
The plural is not platypi or platypuses; it is platypodes.

BuzzFeed found these others for me:

This is a pangolin; not an artichoke:

A fossa; sort of a cat/bear hybrid:


Lilac-Breasted Roller, which looks like it lives in children's coloring books:


An ocean dweller, the glaucus atlanticus:


The jerboa, which looks like a gerbil on tiny stilts:


This is a dumbo octopus--I kid you not:


A goblin shark; which I think is well-named:


A hummingbird hawk-moth:


A desert rain frog.  No, it doesn't have a skin condition:
 


The mantis shrimp, or a prop from The Little Mermaid?:
 


The okapi; part deer, part zebra:


The gerenuk; a giraffalope:



The pink fairy armadillo or a press-on nail?:


 The chevrotain, who looks like he borrowed someone else's head & legs,
or else ate too much:


And finally the shoebill, or something out of a Disney film:


These dogs aren't weird; they just forgot how to sofa:














 









I’m suffering from a severe non-linear waterfowl issue; I don't have all my ducks in a row----fishducky

 










18 comments:

  1. They might be weirder than a Fishducky, but they are well behind you in the charm stakes. And the humour stakes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if they are funny, but I'm sure some of them are charming!!

      Delete
  2. We certainly do live in a weird wonderful world. I like the penguins comparing humans to themselves.
    I hope all your ducks are back in a row soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What makes you think they ever were?

      Delete
  3. Natures diversity never fails to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mother Nature has a terrific imagination!!

      Delete
  4. I have never seen such animals. Amazing! I want one of those glaucus atlanticus.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They probably don't make very good pets!!

      Delete
  5. With all the nature shows I watch you still pulled off some I had never seen! Cool!
    Abducted by aliens, met in the lab, lousy kisser...you always make my day, Fran. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you, mine--keep feeling good!!

      Delete
  6. I thought I had seen them all but you have proven that I haven't seen half of them. Amazing creatures. That okapi looks to be the result of a jungle orgy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Animals (& girls) just wanna have fun!!

      Delete
  7. I would have suspected some of those were photoshopped, until I saw the videos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the duck-billed platypus, but now you've given me a couple new ones to admire. That dumbo octopus is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finally know the plural of platypus. A former girlfriend of my son's and I decided it was probably platypussies.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes people can ACTUALLY learn something here!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.