Follow

Thursday, July 28, 2016

IT'S POSSIBLE WE MAY HAVE OVER-AMERICANIZED SOME THINGS


BuzzFeed thinks so, anyway.   Here are some examples; the comments are theirs, for the most part:

Mobile phones:
I can’t see this going wrong at all. Nope. Not even one little bit.

Coffee:
For when your morning drink just isn’t shooty enough.

Cheese:
Science has a lot to answer for.

Bowel movements:
Five dollars for a single poop? 

Clothes:
Dressing in regular clothing is just SO un-American.

Alphabetical order:
“Screw the rest of the world, we’re the most important and we’re going first.” – America

Ice cream:
Made with real bald eagle!!

Christmas:
What’s Santa doing when he’s not delivering presents? Dressing up as G.I. Joe and shooting  ducks, apparently.

 Butter:
Why? No. No. Why?

Irony:
Too much.

Both doughnuts AND burgers:
They’re even GLAZED.

Diamonds:
This just doesn’t make any sense.

Soda:
“Gosh, I’m parched. I could really do with a lovely, refreshing glass of artificial bacon soda,” said literally no one ever.

Housing:
This person wasn’t allowed to fly the flag in their front garden, so they did…this.

Dates:
America, getting stuff wrong since 1776!

Health:
Each color counts as one of your five-a-day!!

 Car decals:

No.

Beer:
“How should we arrange all this beer, Dave?”
“Leave it to me, I’ve got an awesome plan…”

 Just EVERYTHING.
You guys gotta chill.
















If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes?----fishducky

 


25 comments:

  1. Oh dear.
    Wincing rather a lot here.
    Love that ironic truck crash.
    Chocolate and bacon? Just no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of the list should be"just no"!!

      Delete
  2. That would make people from Germany, Germs......
    There is so much here that is so wrong, pistol grip everything; deep fried butter; bacon soda - all of which makes an all day wristband for the portaloo seem like a great idea.
    Where did all this begin? And why, Dear God WHY are y'all bringin' it here to Australia??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just laughed at "wristband for the portaloo". Haha

      Delete
    2. I think Germs sounds logical!!

      Delete
  3. or should that be, WHY are we accepting it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That map at the bottom is classic, but the donut cheeseburgers are just wrong.
    R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't we supposed to put more fat in our diet?

      Delete
  5. These were fun to look at. The doughnut burger is sold here at the ball field. Its a big hit. (No pun Intended). I was just thinking how funny it would be if my office phone had a gun handle. My finger gun stopped working years ago.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the spirit of the people who got mad and painted their house. Did not like those guns on the car, what's wrong with people? Recently, I often think about the first immigrants. Then I think some thoughts I will not put down here. Finally, I love the map!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your likes & dislikes!!

      Delete
  7. Oh and Chocolate covered Bacon is very good.!!!!!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sadly, the photos are real--just like the Wally World shoppers--LOL!
    Got to take the bad with the good, right? Bad with the good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband says you've got to take the bad with the terrible!!

      Delete
  9. Those gun phones could get a person killed.
    My arteries seized a bit reading it but I would try Deep Fried Butter and choc bacon. Preferably and possibly as a last meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone stupid enough to use a gun phone probably deserves it!!

      Delete
  10. Some of these things made me squirm a bit. A little funny, but a little sick, too. (What's WRONG with us???)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the burger Statue of Liberty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good stuff, love the map! Phone gun...not good. There have been times when I would give up my credit card to poop.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.