Follow

Friday, July 15, 2016

PENGUINS--NATURE'S GRACEFUL BALLERINAS



Not this Penguin:

These penguins:

They're amazing graceful & agile in the water:

Except when they try fancy dives:

 On land, not so much:

One may occasionally lose his footing:






They don't even need snow or ice to fall:

Instances have been reported where one was pushed into the water:

And an occasional butt might have been bitten:

But penguins like to have fun.
They often play games:

They like toys:
And many can dance:

A few can play musical instruments:
They can make you feel better about yourself:



They are noble creatures, indeed.
One has even been knighted.
This is from Wikipedia;
Colonel-in-Chief Sir Nils Olav is a king penguin who resides in Edinburgh Zoo, Scotland. He is the mascot and Colonel-in-Chief of the Norwegian Royal Guard. Nils was visited by soldiers from the Norwegian Royal Guard on 15 August 2008 and awarded knighthood. The honor was approved by King Harald V. Several hundred people joined the 130 guardsmen at the zoo to hear a citation from the King read out, which described Nils as a penguin "in every way qualified to receive the honor and dignity of knighthood". 

Sir Nils inspects troops of the Royal Guard, following his knighthood ceremony in 2008:

A penguin is driving along one day and his car starts making this really strange sound. He pulls into the first gas station he sees, jumps out of his car, runs up to the mechanic and says, "I need someone to look at my car. There's something wrong with it!!" The mechanic looks at him and says, "Well, I can do that but you'll have to wait about 20 minutes or so." The penguin looks across the street and notices an ice cream shop. (Penguins just love Ice cream.) So he says "OK, I'll be back." He tosses him his keys runs across the street and has a big bowl of ice cream. He comes back, looks at the mechanic and says, "Did you figure out what's wrong with my car?" "Well" replies the mechanic "looks like you blew a seal." The penguin quickly wipes off his face and says, "Oh, no, that's just ice cream!!" 
















I think I want a job cleaning mirrors.  It's just something I could really see myself doing----fishducky

 





23 comments:

  1. I LOVE that penguin scooting along on his belly :D
    I've never seen fluffy brown penguins before, are they real?
    This was great; you should see my face, I've got the biggest grin in the world right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are real!! King Penguin chicks, known as woolies for obvious reasons, will hang on to their warm brown downy feathers for a year. They also develop a thick layer of blubber to keep them warm through the winter.

      Delete
  2. I think Penguins are left over parts from sea turtles, birds, fish, and seals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're thinking of the duck billed platypus which, as we all know, is made up from leftover parts God had laying around!!

      Delete
  3. Extra good stuff today. Penguins rule!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! Sweet, sweet! Who doesn't love penguins--true.
    Did you ever see the Gary Larson "Just gotta be me" penguin cartoon? My son and I were in a Hallmark card store and ran across it as a card. He was about 8 or 9 years old at the time. It struck both our funny bones at the same time and we got so silly trying not to laugh and make a scene--of course, that made it worse. We had tears running down our faces and had to leave the store. We saw three people move over to try to find which card we had been looking at--LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny, but not enough to make you cry--LOL! Dagan and I just had one of our crazy, hysterical moments. Has happened to us a few times over the years. It's a had to be there and had to be a bit nutty, I guess. Great memory. Thanks for that.

      Delete
  5. You are right, it is hard to be angry when you are smiling. They are so cute and it made me feel better seeing that one slip on ice. Now I don't feel so clumsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but you're not walking on ice!!

      Delete
  6. They don't get married because they have cold feet? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do all the baby penguins come from--the freezer?

      Delete
  7. Thanks for all the smiles. I think EVERYBODY loves penguins. :0

    My favorite picture was of the brown baby penguin who just bloop! fell over onto his face. Too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not half as cute when I do it!!

      Delete
  8. That one looked like my older son pushing my younger son into the water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would The Genius do that to The Pony?

      Delete
  9. It's hard not to smile just thinking of a penguin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How funny. I've seen the clip where the pinguin slaps the other one through the hole in the ice. I bet I've watched it a hundred times and smile every time.
    R

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.