Follow

Monday, July 4, 2016

SONGS YOU PROBABLY WON’T BE SINGING TODAY





Would you believe last Saturday, July 2, was National I Forgot Day & I didn't remember to tell you?  In honor of the Fourth of July, here are some suggestions for what were formally patriotic songs. I assume you know the melodies.

FOR ANY PRESIDENT:

Hail to the chief
I’m the chief, you'd better hail me!!

FOR ANYONE WHO, LIKE ME, NEEDS TO USE THE FACILITIES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT:

Oh say, do you pee
By the dawn’s early light?

FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO HAVE FUN:

Yank my doodle, it’s a dandy!!

FOR PARENTS:

My husband, ‘tis of thee
We now have children three,
They were a strain.
First Nameless showed her face,
Then Matthew took his place,
Next Blake joined in the race.
Where was my brain?

FOR TV VIEWERS:

Home, home on the couch,
Where the man holds onto the remote.
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word
‘Cause his other hand’s on his wife’s throat!!

FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO BE ALONE:

This land is your land,
This land is my land.
So I’ll buy your interest.
Get off of my land!!

FOR NATURE LOVERS:

You’re a grand old frog
You’re a high jumping frog,
And forever in muck may you soak.
You’re the emblem of
The swamp I love,
The land of the chirp and the croak.

THREE SONGS FOR FOODIES:

O beautiful for peanut butter,
On amber slices of toast,
Then a purple mountain of jellied grapes
And lunch is done, almost.
Sandwiches! Sandwiches! God spread His grace on thee,
And smooth as silk pour a glass of milk
And hand it all to me.

~~~~~~~~~~
God bless the microwave,
Appliance that I’m lovin’.
It will cook meat, it will reheat
And you don’t have to mess up your oven.
~~~~~~~~~~
My nose has smelled the glory of the entrance to this place,
Its wonderful aromas waft right up to my face,
I’m getting very hungry so let’s pick up our pace,
We’re eating out tonight.
Glory! Glory to restaurants!
Glory! Glory to restaurants!
Glory! Glory to restaurants!
We’re eating out tonight!!
~~~~~~~~~~


Why is the Star Spangled Banner so hard to sing?
















Happy 4th of July!!----fishducky


 


17 comments:

  1. Love Maxine. Always.
    Thanks Fran - and have a great holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fireworks. Happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've almost lost a finger so I think I'm in :)
    Happy Independence Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would make it harder to play the guitar!!

      Delete
  4. Funny--I never knew there were other verses to that song! I shall have to google that.
    Can you imagine our forefathers trying to imagine the internet?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean besides the ones I wrote?

      Delete
    2. LOL! I should have been more specific. I liked yours, too...but they're easier to sing. I meant our old glory song. ;)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the laughs, and Happy 4th of July to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think i will sing a few of the foodie ones tonight.
    Happy Fourth.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed the link to the Star Spangled Banner. Yep it is a doozie to sing. Who knew there was a second and much more difficult verse?
    Loved your "for parents" version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people don't know other verses!!

      Delete
  8. So THOSE are the words to Hail to the Chief! Now I'll be thinking them every time I hear that song. If it ever gets used again...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.