Follow

Friday, July 22, 2016

WARNING--DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU ARE HUNGRY!!





Some gifs from BuzzFeed to make you drool:


1. Just look at the rise and fall of these cookies as they bake.

2. And this cake, spinning as it’s drizzled so smoothly in icing.

3. This seamless spiral of a soon-to-be giant macaroon.

4. This icing stopping at just the right moment.
youtube.com

5. This piping is the thing dreams are made of.
instagram.com

6. This bread is positively rising to the heavens.
youtube.com

7. And this icing, swirling to the top!
Instagram: @www.instagram.com/luellasbakery/?hl=en

8. Just watch that satisfying slicing of cookie dough.
youtube.com

9. This glaze is setting unrealistic beauty standards.
imgur.com

10. As is the golden toastiness of this s’more.
instagram.com

11. This spiral of icing is hypnotizing.

12. This filigree is just so mesmerizing.
youtube.com

13. This cake, this cake is spinning toward smoothness.
youtube.com

14. As is this one. Look at that frosting go.
carmerdadog.tumblr.com

15. Behold this braided bread that looks so delicate and yet so sturdy.
reddit.com

16. The glorious expansion of this dough.
youtube.com



But don't overdo it:











Wouldn't it be great if pizza could make you skinny?----fishducky

 






26 comments:

  1. Sigh.
    So much talent. All of which is guzzled and gone, in a fraction of the time it took to create. The guzzling I can do. The creation? No.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing we don't eat paintings!!

      Delete
  2. Love the ecard. I think the same thing about so many recipes. anything that has too many steps or ingredients I've never heard of is just too much trouble. Scrambled eggs on toast anyone?
    I loved watching the foods baking or being iced, but was disappointed to see a machine doing some of the icing. I have actually sat in front of the oven and watched a batch of cookies doing the rise and fall routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As good as some TV shows, I guess!!

      Delete
  3. I love to watch someone decorate a cake. Such artist.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever seen "Cake Boss"? Fascinating!!

      Delete
    2. no But I know I should!

      Delete
  4. Those were fascinating to watch! Mesmerizing!
    There's occasionally Snap-Crackle-Popping over here I I don't even have any dry cereal in the house right now--LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have also been known to sound like Rice Krispies!!

      Delete
  5. I just ate mu lunch so this is just a bit much for me right now. But let me tell you, I made your recipe for the potato/cheese/creamofmushroomsoup casserole yesterday. I was going to freeze it to eat after my eye surgeries, but tasted a bit and couldn't help but having a whole lot for my dinner. Wow, and you are telling us you don't cook! That was soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You didn't save me any? Here's the recipe in case anyone else wants to try it:
      SCALLOPED POTATOES WITH CHEESE:

      Potatoes & cheese—what’s not to like? Serves 2 fishduckies or 6 to 8 normal people.

      3-4 large potatoes
      1 can cream of mushroom soup
      2 c. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
      Salt & pepper to taste

      Grease (I use spray) the bottom & sides of a low flat baking dish. Peel the potatoes & slice them thin; about 1/8 to 1/4 inch. Put them in a bowl, add the remaining ingredients & mix thoroughly. Put them in the casserole dish, keeping the mix not over 2 inches high. Bake uncovered in 350° oven until potatoes are soft & top is lightly browned, about 60-75 minutes.

      Delete
    2. I'm passing this recipe to my kids, they'll love it!

      Delete
  6. Phew, it was scary reading this for I am really hungry but luckily I don't have a sweet tooth so all is well. Now if it had been BBQ's, I'd have been out of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should have listened to your advice about not reading this if hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a rebel. I'm hungry, but I read this post anyway! Now my sweet tooth is screaming for attention.

    I also must be a little sick. The cartoon that made me laugh was the one with the fly asking for two shit paddies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're on McDonald's regular menu!!

      Delete
    2. HA! For sure, they may not have the same name, but...

      Delete
  9. Food food and more food a perfect post.
    Merle....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! Complex carbohydrates cracked me the H up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some are more complex than others!!

      Delete
  11. I totally should have heeded the warning....

    ... I'm on day one of 5 g of carbs and no processed food...

    But that swirled icing is hypnotic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry; the cake being iced distracted me!! What did you say?

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.