Follow

Monday, August 8, 2016

YOU CAN'T PUT THAT ON YOUR PLATES



I once saw a fancy, expensive sports car being driven by a beautiful woman.  The license plate read "WAS HIS".  Granted, it could have belonged to a couple named Winifred Anne Smith & Harry Ignatius Smith, but I prefer to believe she got it in the divorce!!

We have a friend who was a shrink in Beverly Hills.  I guess his wife didn’t take him too seriously when he bought himself a motorcycle--a big Harley “hog”.  She bought him a black leather jacket & had his name put on it.  Actually, it wasn’t his name, it was the initials “BSBHP”--Big Shot Beverly Hills Psychiatrist.  He liked it so much he got a personalized license plate for the “hog”. 


A sampling of personalized license plates denied, recalled or rejected:

Some would tell you who they are:













 


Or perhaps just give an opinion:






They may be talking about things they like:







Or don't like:








Or they may simply need directions:



I'm pretty sure this plate wouldn't be permitted in any state:
















Why are there horns on “western” saddles--do cowboys ride in heavy traffic?----fishducky

 





19 comments:

  1. These are all funny, and the cartoons too.
    We used to make up descriptions according to licence plates and one year my son said an RHG must be a Red Hot Granny and when we caught up to the car at the next set of lights, the driver was a little old lady, so possibly a granny and when the light turned green she really took off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some vanity plates are clever. Others? Not so much.
    Chuckling at River's story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanity plates are a bad idea if you want to rob a bank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hint--I'll switch plates next time!!

      Delete
    2. "I didn't get a good look at the car make, but the plate said 'fishducky'!"

      "FRAN...AGAIN!!"

      Delete
  4. So many bad ones. At least they aren't tattoos so they have have to live with these decisions the rest of their lives--LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't even get me started on tattoos!!

      Delete
  5. Goodness, my home state of Fl sure has an attitude. I saw one while there that I had to follow a while to figure out. 2BZ2P
    Too busy to Pee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some vanity plates are a hoot, but I don't understand why some people pay big bucks to have "clever" plates that no one can decipher. I mean... why bother? If I had one, I'd want something obvious that would make people laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I had a car, my plates simply identified me as "1 FISH" (the #1 fish in California). We saw one today I liked; "MR1DRFL"!!

      Delete
  7. Who has time to read the plates when there is stuff written on the back window like "Show us your BOOBS!" Granted, it WAS on the road by our local junior college...

    ReplyDelete
  8. We used to have a vanity plate on our car that read "HPPY US." It was intended to be read as HAPPY US but we got rid of it when people asked why we had "HIPPY US" on our license plate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's OK to have two meanings!! Punctuate this: Woman without her man is nothing.

      Delete
  9. What a hoot. I saw a tag that read 6UL-DV8.
    R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That took me a minute to figure out--it's great!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.