Follow

Friday, October 21, 2016

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS




MY FAVORITE JOKE:
Poachers in Africa opened a restaurant.  Their come on was: “We make sandwiches from ANY African animal!  If we can’t make your sandwich, we’ll pay you $10,000.00!!”  

Business was booming for months.  They sold sandwiches made of ground zebra, lion pot roast, leg of hippo, etc.
  
One day the waiter tries unsuccessfully to place an order with the cook.  Together, they sadly go to the manager & tell him that he’s going to have to pay the $10,000.00.  He asks why & they tell him that a customer just ordered an elephant ball sandwich on rye.  

He tells them that’s no problem—a new shipment of elephant balls just came in.  The cook says, “I know that!  The problem is, we’re out of rye bread!!”

MY FAVORITE COMEDIAN:
George Carlin. 
To see a post about him, click here,

MY FAVORITE SONG:
I can't choose between these two.
This is "our song":

But I think the lyrics in this one are brilliant
& I love Simon & Garfunkel:

MY FAVORITE DOG:
When our daughter & son-in-law were first married, they lived in one of three small houses that we bought for rental.  Bob, who worked in Bud’s office, lived next door.  Bob had found a box containing a litter of puppies that someone had abandoned on the street.  He gave one (“Fio”, short for “Fiorina”, little flower in Italian)) to them & found other homes for the rest.  Our son-in-law was complaining that almost everything they owned once belonged to Bob.  He said, “We have Bob’s dishes, Bob’s sofa, Bob’s table…” & then he looked at Fio & said, 
“Come here, Bob’s dog!”

When Fio was about 10 weeks old, my son Matt came to visit them.  He asked his sister why she got a puppy when they were so messy & caused so much extra work.  He sat down & put Fio on his lap.  She nuzzled his crotch non-stop.  He got a blissful look on his face & said, “Where can I get one of these?”

THE FAVORITE THING I EVER DID:
I took a flight in zero gravity, like the astronauts.
To read about it, click here. 

MY FAVORITE MUSICAL
Again, I have two favorites:

This is the full 102 minute soundtrack of Phantom of the Opera:


MY FAVORITE FOOD:
In general (not withstanding MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT below)
I'd have to say pork.

My friend, Barbara, & I both love pork.  Early one evening Bud & I were driving from L.A. to our beach condo & stopped for an early dinner.  Barb lives across the street from us at the beach & we decided to surprise her.  I had a rib dinner & we bought another one to bring to her.  Bud was downstairs with the takeout box & I went upstairs to talk to Barbara.  She had no idea we had food—or anything—for her.  I asked her what would be the greatest gift one human being could give another & she said, “PORK!”   Bud was just coming up the stairs.  He said, “Right!” & handed it to her.

MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT:
Without a doubt, Ruth's Chris in Beverly Hills,
where they have the best steaks I have ever eaten.
My favorite dish, however, came from a different restaurant'
Le Tour d'Argent in Paris:

I was trying to describe a dish I had eaten there (I can't remember what it was now) to my sister-in-law.  It was the best thing I had ever eaten!  I asked, “Nat, have you ever had an orgasm over food?”  Her response was, “Is there any other way?”

MY FAVORITE VIDEO:


MY FAVORITE BOOKS:
Lee Child's "Reacher" series

& David Baldacci's "Camel Club" series

MY FAVORITE RESTROOM SIGN:

Of course, I have to put this in here:

MY FAVORITE CARTOON:
And some others:







 








 










25 comments:

  1. Love Calvin and Hobbes - and Simon and Garfunkle. Truly amazing lyrics. Always.
    Maxine is one of my heroes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the pleasure of spending some time with Paul Simon's father, Lou. He was an English professor; that's probably why Paul was able to write such brilliant lyrics!!

      Delete
  2. Some of my favourite things are your posts :)
    And Lee Child's Jack Reacher series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could Tom Cruise play him? Cruise is only 5ft 7.75in or 172 cm tall Reacher is supposed to be almost a foot taller!!

      Delete
    2. YES! It's totally annoying that Cruise was tapped to play that role!

      Delete
    3. That's why I refused to see that movie!!

      Delete
    4. I had the same thoughts about Tom Cruise, but I saw the movie and it was pretty good. It could have been better, with more action, but I liked it enough to buy a DVD copy when it was released and I've watched it several times now.

      Delete
    5. Who would you have chosen for the Reacher role? I thought Liam Neeson might have been good and there was someone else I'd thought of when I first heard there was to be a movie, but I can't remember who now.

      Delete
  3. Lot of my favorites in there also, in fact I am wearing Maxine's favorite bra right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS the world's most comfortable bra!!

      Delete
  4. That "Cows with Guns" video is hilarious. I just posted it on my daughter's FB page. She's gonna love it, too. "The Sounds of Mucus" is a close second. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! My favorite exercise is also chewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE Simon and Garfunkel!!
    Both those book series are on my (perpetually growing) library list.
    Zero gravity had to be so strange...and fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't matter in what order you read the Child "Reacher" books but try to read the first "Camel Club" before the others. Zero gravity was FANTASTIC!!

      Delete
    2. "Camel Club"? I don't recall that one, is it a Jack Reacher book?

      Delete
    3. No, it's by David Baldacci; & I loved it!!

      Delete
    4. Thank you, I'll see if my local library has it.

      Delete
  7. I have lots of different favourite things but I do love Calvin and Hobbes.
    Merle.................

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where can I get something warm and fuzzy who'll stick his nose in my crotch?

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been singing The Sound of Mucus for two weeks now. It's not that funny from the inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor baby!! Because of that dirty change you got?

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.