Follow

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

A BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO SWEARING IN SCOTTISH (& OTHER LANGUAGES)





Since the main reason most of you read my post is to learn something new, today I will continue in that vein.  Feel free to take notes.

Here are some Scottish words & terms you may not be familiar with:

Jobby: A pile or large piece of shit.
Tadger or Boaby: Penis
Bawbag: Scrotum


Numpty: An idiot.
Dobber: Dickhead.
Chebs: Breasts
Gobshite: A stupid person who runs their mouth.
Fud: Vagina
Boggin: Disgusting.
Clarted: Drunk
Oot yer nut: Really drunk.

Some useful phrases in other languages:

Go to hell:

French/ Va a l'enfer
Italian/ Andare all'inferno
German/ Fahr zur Hölle
Swedish/ Dra åt helvete
Spanish/ Vete al diablo
Yiddish/ Geh in drerd arain
Klingon/ ghaS ghe"or

Go screw yourself:

French/ Vous aller vis
Italian/ Andare a farti fottera
German/ Gehen Sie Schraube
Swedish/ Gå skruv själv
Spanish/ Ir a tornillo a ti mismo
Yiddish/ Geh tren zikh
Klingon/ (screw) SIbI'

Do you sometimes have trouble finding exactly the right word?
This might help:

Buy It HERE


For some very harsh insults in French, click here.

But remember:
























I guess either the DMV doesn't hire Jews as license plate okayers or they only hire Jews with a sense of humor.  There's a Yiddish expression, "Geh kocken ofn yahm", which literally translates to "Go shit in the ocean".  I saw a license plate recently that said, "OFN YAHM"!!----fishducky

 







14 comments:

  1. F*cking brilliant!

    Also it is a well known fact, there are no Jewish license plate checkers anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We try to give birth to only doctors, lawyers & accountants!!

      Delete
  2. Why hast thou forsaken me? When I wake up (around 8:00 am) there are normally anywhere from 3 to 5 comments on my post. Today there was 1--thank you, Joe!! Yesterday there were none until the afternoon. What's happening?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last minute shopping for Thanksgiving??

      Delete
    2. Well, I started reading, then the computer Dr turned up with my new battery, so I shut down to get that installed, then the phone rang and I had to go out and after I got home I forgot to get back here.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I love and have adopted Jobby. Though I may not get away with it as there are lots with Scottish ancestry here.
    The only foreign language I know is some really rank Spanish profanity taught to me by my Cuban boyfriend in the 6th grade. Why is profanity so easy to learn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, but even babies pick it up!! From an old post: I tried very hard to stop swearing when Nameless started to talk & was reasonably successful. Unfortunately, one day I cut my finger badly while I was preparing dinner. I reflexively said, “Shit!” I guess she heard me. She then went to use the potty by herself. She tried to urinate standing up. After all, if her daddy could do it, why couldn’t she? Then she found out why. Her little legs were all wet. She said “Shit!” just as her daddy was getting home from work & walking by the open bathroom door. He told her that we don’t talk that way in our house. She said, “Mommy does!”

      Delete
  4. I love profanity (no shock to anyone). It expands my vocabulary and suits my lifestyle. Happy Fucking Thanksgiving. Or should it be Happy Thanksfuckinggiving?

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How the fuck should I know? You're the Grammar Queen!!

      Delete
  5. Ha! This reminds me I need to work harder at not swearing. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a night owl. Not trying to be an ass-waffle! If you post it, they will come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never an early bird. I used to be a night owl, but now I'm just a tired old duck!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.