Follow

Monday, November 28, 2016

WERE YOU LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE TEACHERS LIKE THESE?


In law school Bud had to take a class that was held in a large lecture hall at 8:00 am on Saturdays.  This hour was apparently too much pressure for one student.  One Saturday at around 7:30 he hid in a janitor’s closet inside the lecture hall.  About 10 or 15 minutes after the class started, a loud alarm clock was heard ringing from inside the closet.  The pajama & robe clad student came out carrying the clock, a toothbrush, toothpaste & a towel.  He scratched himself & muttered, “These early Saturday classes are going to kill me” & walked out the lecture hall door into the hallway.  I guess the instructor understood & agreed, because when the student later came & apologized to him for interrupting the class he was told, in a stern voice, “Mr. R-------, that was very unmannerly, very unlawyerlike, very ungentlemanly, & very funny!!”


BuzzFeed found some great teachers; allow me to introduce them to you:

This teacher who knew exactly what was going on:

This teacher who didn't want any excuses:

And this science teacher who made covers for his student's workbooks:

This champion who managed to keep all these names straight.

This history teacher who warms up by drawing informative and cute pictures.




 This bio hero who figured out a new way to teach anatomy.
 

This teacher who somehow finds the time to moonlight as an anti-buttcrack advocate.

This gold medalist in memes.

 This teacher who has mastered keeping students on their toes.

This prof who found the perfect way to protest finals being scheduled at 7 a.m.

This novice teacher who will clearly go far.

This hero who has the equation of holiday cheer all figured out.

…although he’ll have to compete with this chemistry teacher.

This history buff who brought in two Tuskegee Airmen to speak to his class.

This physics teacher who left behind a masterpiece on his last day.

This history teacher who showed up on the first day of school like this.

This teacher who was always patient with her kids.

This special education teacher who designed the greatest door ever.

This teacher’s homework assignment, which deserves all the gold stars and medals.

This science teacher who knows proof is important.

And all these teachers

Even though things didn't always go as planned

































My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start.  So far today, I have finished 2 bags of chips and a chocolate cake.  I feel better already----fishducky

 



25 comments:

  1. I wish I had known some of these teachers.
    Thank you.
    And for a change, I don't agree with Calvin. Cable often bores me to sobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember any of my teachers being anything like this, but I did have three really good teachers that I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of these made me howl. The look on the young teachers face that said orgasm in front of a class of 13 year olds was classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you find my letter to Mrs. Huff?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the two versions of the same test.
    Interesting how the teachers that wowed us are remembered along with the ones that bored us to death. Sadly, the competent ones that just taught us without flair fall through the memory cracks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a Poli Sci professor at UCLA. The only way that I & several other students could stay awake during his class was to count the number of times he said "By & large"!! (In a 1 hour class it was always over 25.)

      Delete
    2. It must be the course. My Poli Sci prof had perfected the monotone. It was murder.

      Delete
  6. I like the Wu Tang Klan quotation. When I taught for a couple of minutes at a high school, I wish I had screamed at every one of my classes YOU ARE ALL FUCKING MORONS. I might as well have gotten fired for actually doing something wrong, or maybe I would have been promoted.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have all the qualifications for being a principal!!

      Delete
  7. I had an English teacher in high school who on the first day of class wasn't in the room. We waited and waited after the bell rang until we all hushed quiet--whispering--wondering what was going on and why we had no teacher. Then she flung open the door (we still couldn't see anyone), kicked her high heels across the front of the room one at a time, marched in with a bust of Shakespeare cradled in her arm, walked over to a huge poster of him she had on the wall by the door and sighed "Oh, Will" and kissed him on his paper lips--then lifted the bust up and kissed his metal lips, too. I absolutely adored her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never had a cool teacher like any of these though there were some that would leave a mark. Like the mark of a paddle on my hiney.
    That was probably my "poop" paper you show here.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teachers like these? I probably WAS a teacher like those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heh, heh! I used to do that True-False thing, even though my tests were never completely composed of T-F questions.

    Our biology teacher volunteered to read the questions at the middle school scholar bowl competition. She read, "An octopus has eight testicles. How many does a squid have?" You should have seen the red faces in that room. At least once a month after that, until the day I retired, I would whisper, "An octopus has eight testicles..." as she walked down the hall past my room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Testicles, tentacles, orgasm, organism--who's to say which one is correct?

      Delete
  11. I think the anatomical body suit would make a great swimsuit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine would need a stomach section in XL!!

      Delete
  12. Thanks for all of the giggles!!! You have to love teacher humor!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.