Follow

Monday, November 21, 2016

WHY I NO LONGER SHOP AT TARGET


Actually, I no longer go to stores.  I do all my shopping on line.  In my pajamas.  Bud does all our food shopping.  I will occasionally ask Blake to pick up cosmetics at the drug store.  But even if I did my shopping in stores, BuzzFeed has convinced me that Target is not the place to go.  Here are some examples of why:

Although their prices are clearly marked:

One cannot always trust that their sale prices are bargains:




At times their prices are way too high:

 Their restrooms are not conveniently located:

Their literary suggestions are inaccurate.
These obviously belong in preschool:

They call people names:

Their skincare products are too strong:

 In their defense, I have not found a single figure ass elsewhere: 

Their drawstring waist dresses are ugly:


I do not trust the quality of their generic products:

Sometimes I have found their meat to be slightly green:

This chicken tasted funny:

There are no seat belts on these child seats:


I suppose this post would be applicable to Walmart, too: 







There are many people who actually enjoy shopping at Target:


That's enough todaying for today--I'm done----fishducky

 







25 comments:

  1. Long, romantic walks down every aisle? Not a winning line in most Tinder profiles I suspect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not everyone has the same definition of romance!!

      Delete
  2. Aw gee, now I realize how much I am missing by being in a Target free area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran, I can't tell you the last time I visited Target. You will find me occasionally in WalMart, and I now find myself getting more and more online. I get it now....that's why you have time to get all these jokes together....you are staying in the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I'm staying home--if I went out, I'd have to get dressed!!

      Delete
  4. I wouldn't shop at Target even if their carts had a rack for my arsenal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What if they installed carriers for rocket launchers?

      Delete

  5. I do love Target, but these are hysterical. :)
    Not that I have been to Target but once every year or two because I do most of my shopping online and someone else buys my groceries, too--LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been there for several years because of the parking situations!! As Yogi Berra said, "It's too crowded--no one goes there any more."

      Delete
  6. I think it is as good store, at least the one by me, then I haven't been there in a while. I was very pleased that neither you or any commentator's called it TarJay...for some reason that annoys me.

    Probably because my ex thought it was clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did she feel about J. C. Penné?

      Delete
    2. Had not heard that, but she would have liked it, so I hate it.

      Delete
  7. We always called Target the Walmart for rich folks.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about it that way, but I guess it sort of IS!!

      Delete
  8. I shop at Target to get big packages of t.p. and detergent and stuff so I don't have to go there very often. Last month I was trying to find certain items that were supposed to be $5 off, according to a sign. I requested assistance from a polite young man whose eyesight that was much better than mine revealed that the $5 off offer had ended more than a week before. I still like my Target, though. It has wide aisles and few shoppers, yet it doesn't go out of business. It's also next to the Naval Air Station, so I get to see the big silver birds flying in and out. Happy Thanksgiving! I do most of my shopping online, too. Amazon worships me.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to shop at Target for my black work trousers, but haven't been there since I quit that job. I might drop in next time I'm in the city, just to check we DON'T have gun racks on the trolleys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard they have larger racks in Oz--for crocodiles!!

      Delete
  10. These are hilarious, and they kept going and going. I'm almost tempted to buy one of those Listerines for $159.99. It must be extra special.

    Have a great Thanksgiving, Fishducky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually a good price; they're usually $169.99!!

      Delete
  11. We don't have one near. I used to go to one a couple times a year. They never had anything I wanted. Now I KNOW I don't want to go to Target. Looks like that Women't Striped Drawstring Waist Pocket Dress would be a tight fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might fit if you unscrewed the spray top!!

      Delete
  12. I love to do shopping rather that sitting inside the house...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.