Follow

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

DID GOD MAKE A GAFFE WHEN HE CREATED THE GIRAFFE?


I went to my podiatrist's office & he was wearing this Hermes tie.


Far be it for me to question or criticize God, but I think He should have put off creating some animals until the next day.  He was obviously tired after creating so many creatures & was obviously confused when He made the pangolin.  Or maybe He had just eaten an artichoke:

He was apparently trying to use up some extra zebra parts for the okapi:

And don't even get me started on the duck billed platypus:

But why a giraffe?
He must have had a lot of material left over because he made them so tall.  They reach an average height of 15' to 19', making them the tallest animal on land.  Males are generally a foot or so taller than females, but the tallest giraffe ever measured was 22' tall, & that was a female.  Can you imagine her in high heels?

And their tongues; they're 20" long.  They curl them around leaves to pull them off of the trees.  We were on a truck "safari" at the San Diego Zoo & Bud was feeding the giraffes.  One of them wrapped his tongue around Bud's hand to get some food & it look like his hand was bandaged.
                                   
When I think of a giraffe's pregnancy & birth, the word that comes to mind is "Ouch"!!  They are pregnant for 400 to 468 days.  The calf is 6' tall & weighs from 110 to 220 pounds.  (My kids were in the 7 pound range & that hurt enough.)  The mother gives birth standing up which means the baby starts out with a 6' drop to the ground!!

Because of their 6' long legs, giraffes are not graceful while drinking:

But swimming & diving is another story:
                                     

They are gentle giants with a fear of many things:

But they will join you for a cup of coffee:












 


 







Want to join me for a drink later?  As the giraffe said, "The highballs are on me"----fishducky

 


21 comments:

  1. And they have the same number of bones in their neck as we do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has a sense of humor, and who doesn't like a giraffe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God MUST have a sense of humor; look at some of the people He made!!

      Delete
  3. The silly giraffe diving video I had seen before. Who thinks of this stuff and spends how many umpteen hours making it--LOL! I liked seeing the real giraffes being fed by the humans--both clips. These were cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a picture of Bud & his "bandaged" hand!!

      Delete
  4. Aww, they are adorable but that drinking thing needs work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea why it doesn't get easier; I KNOW they keep practicing!!

      Delete
  5. If your podiatrist wears a Hermes tie, then I think I should have become a podiatrist. I love giraffes.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful animals and now they are in trouble, I read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the World Wildlife Fund is helping then if you'd like to make a contribution!!

      Delete
  7. Now you've got me thinking about where a giraffe would wear a necktie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. NO! No no no! The tongue on that pangolin thing was like a 3-D nightmare! The giraffe cartoons were hilarious, though. Especially the things they hate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it reminded me of an artichoke & I love artichokes!!

      Delete
  9. You are a gifted humorist and always make me smile.
    r

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think God should have made rivers and lakes with a few raised sections, like dams, so giraffes could drink easier.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.