Follow

Friday, December 23, 2016

'TWAS TWO DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS




In 1979, when I wrote this, it was meant to be a joke just for Bud because I was tired of getting Xmas newsletters that said my husband was just elected God or my child just turned 6 & he's already Phi Beta Kappa. It's based on truth, as most humor is. Nameless was studying in Europe, Matt was at Northridge & worked for a sewer company. The “chunnel” (the tunnel across the English Channel) had not yet been built--I don’t know if it had even been planned at the time. Blake had just gotten his driver's license. General Motors was doing a lot better than they are now & we did buy a treadmill--also, we had a dog, Pepi. Bud liked it so much we sent it out with our cards. After receiving it, a friend told me that her husband asked her how I could brag like that. I liked her simple explanation: “It’s satire, stupid!”




Still need to buy a gift for someone you don't like?
Click here.

Or for someone you love?
Click here.

To what Santa's reindeer might be like if they ate fast food, click here.

My gift to you--lots of cartoons:





























This is your Christmas card from me this year:







Merry Christmas!!----fishducky

 





17 comments:

  1. Happy holidays!!
    About the only thing I can afford to give is the boxes full of kisses--LOL! ;)
    Those holiday letters can be so annoying so I got a kick out of yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your letter is the best ever. My mom's older sister always sent Christmas letters about family members who were sick, who were broke, who were alcoholics, and who had died that year. Those letters were a real hoot.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your Christmas letter. Not too far afield from those I get from relatives. Sheesh.
    The spare reindeer gave me a chuckle.
    Have a splendid holidays Bud and Fran Fischer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE,LOVE,LOVE your newsletter. And have a family member who could benefit from reading it.
    Many happies to you and yours - and thank you for another years delightful, entertaining and sometimes educational reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delightful & entertaining, I try--educational, not so much!!

      Delete
  5. Ha! Thanks for all the laughs this year. There have been times when I lost my sense of humor but I could always find it here. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help you find it. Happy holidays to you & Mrs. C!!

      Delete
  6. Heh, heh! Love your newsletter. Especially the parts about the first Jewish woman Pope, and the Grand Prix, and The Bible, Part II!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She missed getting Popeitude by 1 vote; damn the Electoral College!!

      Delete
  7. Merry Christmas to all of you too. Love the cartoons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Hannekah to you & yours. Love your Santa cartoons, I will share them with my family tomorrow after we've filled up on latkes. Sandy L,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back atcha; save some latkes for me, please!!

      Delete
  9. Have a wonderfully Happy Hanukah, Fishducky.
    Thanks for the ongoing fun and cheer.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.