Follow

Monday, May 30, 2016

SOMETHING MAY HAVE GONE WRONG HERE, BUT I CAN'T QUITE PUT MY FINGER ON IT



I'm reminded of the movie "Westworld" where a robot says, "Nothing can possibly go wrong-- go wrong-- go wrong…"

Pride comes before a fall. And every now and then, pride also comes before accidentally setting your kids on fire.  My son, Blake, was about 8 years old.  The kids were in their pajamas at the kitchen table.  I had left my cigarettes & lighter on the table.  Blake started playing with my lighter, which both scared & annoyed me.  I grabbed the lighter & we started arguing. He stood there with his arms straight out, as if he were ready for crucifixion.  He was wearing an old terry cloth robe, with its strings hanging down.  I was making a point about the lighter being dangerous & was stupidly waving it (lit) under his arms.  I swear it was at least a foot away, when the threads hanging under his arms caught fire!!  We were able to get the robe off & the fire put out with absolutely no harm to him or anyone else; but I guess I made my point.

Something apparently went wrong in these pictures, too.
See if you can figure out what it was:











 








 (Pictures from BuzzFeed & Giphy. com.)