Follow

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING IS IMAGINARY DOESN’T MEAN IT DOESN’T EXIST

We went out to dinner & saw a guy wearing a hoodie with this on the back.  
I was curious so I asked him what cryptozoology was.  
His answer?
The study of mythical animals.

You're probably familiar with some of them like unicorns, Bigfoot & the Loch Ness Monster, 
but there are lots more.  Mythical animals have lived in mankind's imagination 
ever since there was mankind.

Below are some partial lists:




And there are others not quite so famous:

SNOOPERMAN
A humanoid with a cape & a red "S" on his chest who pries into everyone's business.

JELLY GREEN GIANT
A large angry ogre who can only be subdued with offerings of mint jelly. 

HAIRY POTTER
An innocuous furry creature usually found in gardens.

DEER ME
A nasty being who makes antlers appear on one's head.

SOLE BROTHER
A demon who hides under one's shoes.

WHERE-WOLF
A canine forest dweller who often gets lost.

ROCKET GIBRALTAR
A fast flying feral bird found on the north coast of Africa.

ELEPHANTOM
An extremely large animal who has the ability to vanish when entering a room.

JACK OFF THE BEANSTALK
A curious but harmless creature who does strange things on farms.

Flying saucers may or may not belong here
but you may find them interesting.
 Click here to open these videos:

This would go with the videos:




Here are some strange animals which I found at yourdailydish.com.
They actually exist & were (I assume) created by man:

 LEOPON
Male leopard & female lion

TIGON
Male tiger & female lion

CAMA
Male camel & female llama

ZORSE
Male zebra & female horse

WOLPHIN
Male false killer whale & female bottlenose dolphin

MANGALItsA (A.K.A. SHEEP-PIG)
Not a hybrid but an odd sight which is why I had to include it!!
Known variously as the Mangalitsa or Mangalica, this Old World breed pig is indigenous to Hungary. Its name means “hog with a lot of lard”.





















Make one person happy every day, even if it’s yourself----fishducky

 








16 comments:

  1. I hope that quite a lot of mythical creatures aren't.
    There is always room for dragons in my head. And unicorns. And a few more.
    Politicians on the other hand I would gladly sentence to mythdom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would the politicians get life without parole?

      Delete
  2. I can't get my head around the TIGON and the LEOPON. They both have manes.
    TIGON: male tiger, which doesn't have a mane and a female lion, which also doesn't have a mane.
    LEOPON: male leopard, which doesn't have a mane, and a female lion, which also doesn't have a mane.
    How is it possible for them to produce offspring WITH a mane?
    I like a lot of the mythical creatures, dragons, both European and Asian are very pretty, Unicorns, of course, and that pearly, scaled Luck Dragon in the movie The Never-ending Story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why they have manes, either!!

      Delete
  3. I cant believe there was never a Unicorn created. Looks like it would been a lot easier to create than the deer.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither can I; if you send me the parts I'll try to make one!!

      Delete
  4. These all sound like a deck of Pokeymon cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the doctor examining the dragon. Very Funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He should have given better instructions!!

      Delete
  6. Most of those mythical creatures seemed to have an attitude. Snooperman gave me a giggle. I really thought the Tigon was a great looking animal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might also like the liger (male lion & female tiger). They're big. You can see some here: https://www.google.com/search?q=liger&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS568US568&espv=2&biw=840&bih=435&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjw3riU8rrRAhWIq1QKHfVyBnQQ_AUIBigB

      Delete
  7. Trey absolutely loved this one! :) He's been so into Bigfoot lately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heh, heh! I like the woman criticizing that author's book for its lack of depth perception!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.