Follow

Thursday, January 5, 2017

LABRADOODLES OR FRIED CHICKEN or IS THAT AN OSTRICH IN YOUR COLON?








When things look like other things it is called pareidolia.  I recently wrote a post on another form of pareidolia; when you see faces in inanimate objects.  To see that post, click here.

There have been quite a few pictures online lately about labrador puppies looking like fried chicken, which they do.  Below are a lot of things which may be hard to tell apart:

Richie Rich & Casper:

Groucho Marx & this cat:

Samuel L. Jackson & this dog:

Kim Kardashian & a whale:

This adorable baby & the Michelin Man:

This dog & Premier Putin:

 This fashion maven & a caterpillar:

A muffin & a chihuahua:

Shorthaired long dogs & bagels:

Australia & animal heads:

This dog & Cousin Itt:

Michael Jackson & the sphinx:
Pictures courtesy of BuzzFeed (I think)

Is this a banana or a duck?


To see how good you are at identifying animals,



These are the only cartoons I could find on the subject;



So here are a bunch of random ones:











I must be up to something & I won’t stop searching until I find out what----fishducky

 



  

15 comments:

  1. Let us know when you find out what you are up to. I suspect many of us would like to join in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be one of the first to know!!

      Delete
  2. I'm boing to skip my bagel this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just don't have a dachshund instead!!

      Delete
  3. I had an "invalid security token" so couldn't see your old linked post on pareidolia.

    I ran out of valid security tokens last week.

    Pareidolia fascinates me, though. Seeing faces in the clouds and such. Mostly faces. And people running.

    I might be revealing too much about myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't you, it was me--I fixed it.

      Is there anything else you want to tell us?

      Delete
  4. That banana really looks like a duck. I had to look several times before I noticed what it was. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a good crop! I especially enjoyed the JAWS sousaphone, Moses parting his bath, and the ER pinata.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another bountiful post from the fishducky farm!!

      Delete
  6. Loved that Michelin kid. Missed two on the animal ID. Shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looked at the fried chicken/puppies pair of pictures for several seconds before I realised one was puppies!
    I didn't even try the animals identification; I know the difference between turtle and tortoise, and I think the spotted one is a leopard because cheetahs have longer legs, but I don't have a clue about the rest.
    The 'ostrich in a colon' looks more like an ostrich in a spine to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went back and did the animal test and got six correct. I know more than I thought I did.
    Woo-hoo, I have knowledge (*~*)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.