I can't help it; I love facts.
Here are some more for you:
The highest current denomination is the $100 bill. The highest bill ever printed, however, was a $100,000 note that was printed from December 18, 1934 to January 9, 1935. It was used for transactions between Federal Reserve Banks. President Woodrow Wilson was pictured on the front.
It is a myth that elephants love to eat peanuts. Elephants certainly don’t eat peanuts in the wild, and they’re not a typical diet for captive animals either. Elephants are the world’s biggest land animals and have to spend 16 to 18 hours a day eating. Peanuts, on the other hand, are tiny.
Glass takes one million years to decompose, which means it never wears out and can be recycled an infinite amount of times.
Gold is the only metal that doesn't rust, even if it's buried in the ground for thousands of years.
Your tongue is the only muscle in your body that is attached at only one end.If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. When a human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off.Zero is the only number that cannot be represented by Roman numerals.Kites were used in the American Civil War to deliver letters and newspapers.
- Pluto is, by law, still a planet in New Mexico.
Chimpanzees fart so loudly and frequently that scientists locate them in forest occasionally by following the farts.
- Peanut oil is used for cooking in submarines because it doesn't smoke unless it's heated above 450°F.Nine out of every 10 living things live in the ocean.The banana cannot reproduce itself. It can be propagated only by the hand of man.Airports at higher altitudes require a longer airstrip due to lower air density.The University of Alaska spans four time zones. (This is geologically accurate. However, Alaska established one time zone for the state in the late 70's/early 80's)The tooth is the only part of the human body that cannot heal itself.
- Dogs can smell their owners from 11 miles away.
- The world's first speeding ticket was issued to a motorist in 1896. The limit at the time was 2 mph and he was going at 8 mph.
- In the 1980's, a one letter typo cost the Yellow Pages US$10 million when they misprinted a travel agency's advertisement for 'exotic vacations" as "erotic vacations."
- In ancient Greece, tossing an apple to a girl was a traditional proposal of marriage. Catching it meant she accepted.Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.The Swine Flu vaccine in 1976 caused more death and illness than the disease it was intended to prevent.
Giraffes flick insects away with their tongues.
If you weighed 150 lb (68 kg) on Earth, you would weigh 57 lb (26 kg) on Mercury or Mars.
Caffeine increases the power of aspirin and other painkillers, that is why it is found in some medicines.
The military salute is a motion that evolved from medieval times, when knights in armor raised their visors to reveal their identity.
If you get into the bottom of a well or a tall chimney and look up, you can see stars, even in the middle of the day.
When a person dies, hearing is the last sense to go. The first sense lost is sight.
That's a fact, Jack!!----fishducky