Follow

Monday, February 13, 2017

SOME RIGHTEOUS RIDDLES (& SOME DUMB ONES)




To see some earlier posts on Riddles, click here.  And also here.

This is a Dingbat (or rebus)--put simply, it’s a riddle. A phrase that is represented by words and/or pictures. I found these at BuzzFeed. The answer to the following is “just between me and you”.



The word “just” is quite clearly between the words “me” and “you”. Hence…”just between me & you”. To solve them you pretty much say what you see.

Got the hang of it? Good. Because here are some more. The answers are below. 
Best of luck… 


1.


2.
 

3.
 

 4. (The first UK one)

 5.

6. (The second UK one) 

  7.

8. (The third UK one)

9.

10

11.

12. (The last UK one)

13.

14.

15.

16.




Answers:

1. An inside job.
2. Half-baked.
3. A play on words.
4. The London underground.
5. Two steps forward, one step back.
6. All for one, one for all.
7. Seven seas.
8. Mother-in-law.
9. Always look on the bright side of life.
10. Unfinished symphony.
11. Wet behind the ears. 
12. 10 Downing Street.
13. The letter m.
14. A coffin.
15. A watermelon.
16. Meat

Use only the following to write a true equation: 2 3 4 5 + =. Each integer can only be used once, and same goes for the plus sign and equals sign. All of the symbols must be used. Once you think you have the right answer (or once you've given up...), scroll down to see the correct answer.



















The answer is 5 + 4 = 3²




For even trickier riddles, click here.  And here.














Q. Why did NASA scientists furnish Sally Ride with 100 tampons for her 7 day mission?
A. Because they were men!!----fishducky

P.S.  My granddaughter has started a post which I think you'll enjoy.  Go to Facebook & search for Lisa Fischer blog or click here.  You'll like it!!

 




26 comments:

  1. I'm so bad at riddles like that. My English teacher in Jr. High used to make us do those for extra credit. I never could get the extra credit, so I made sure to always do my work right the first time lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry; I can't give you extra credit, either!!

      Delete
  2. I'm a failure at riddles. I shall check out Miss Fischer.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know what you think of her post!!

      Delete
    2. Lisa Fischer is dandy. I told her you sent me.

      Delete
    3. She writes quite well, I think!!

      Delete
  3. Who is old, fat, bald and only got 4 out of 16.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief, I only got three. Good thing my life didn't depend on it. I did like the Sally Ride joke if that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blind people don't skydiver because it scares the shit out of the dog? Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not very good at those rebus things, but I did get four of them, five if I count the first one which you explained but I already knew.
    The math problem had me completely stumped.
    I'll visit your daughter now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's on Facebook??
    that's too bad :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to go on FaceBook; you can just click where I put "click here"!!

      Delete
    2. I did and it took me to a page where it says sign in to facebook. I'll try again.

      Delete
  8. Well...I got 6 right. Not that it's anything to brag about! I'd heard the coffin one before. Is that cheating?

    I loved Houston's problem, and the mime felled by a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Valentine's Day, Fran!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.