Follow

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY









Sometimes we lose sight of what’s right in front of us.



Some very obvious facts that will make you strangely happy:



Music exists.




















Cats are soft to the touch and often make a purring noise when petted.

Cats are soft to the touch and often make a purring noise when pet.
Loryn Brantz / BuzzFeed

Dogs are real and they love their humans as much, if not more, than their humans love them.

Dogs are real and they love their humans as much, if not more, than their humans love them.
Loryn Brantz / BuzzFeed

Chocolate exists.

Chocolate exists.
Loryn Brantz / BuzzFeed

Fruit grows from the earth and is sweet and delicious to eat.

Fruit grows from the earth and is sweet and delicious to eat.
Loryn Brantz / BuzzFeed

Many humans enjoy holding hands to show how much they love each other. Otters also do this to not float away from each other in their sleep.

Many humans enjoy holding hands to show how much they love each other. Otters also do this to not float away from each other in their sleep.
Loryn Brantz / BuzzFeed

People give each other frosted cakes to celebrate occasions; often on the day they were born each year, because they’re so happy that person exists.

People give each other frosted cakes to celebrate occasions. Often on the day they were born each year, because they're so happy that person exists.
Loryn Brantz / BuzzFeed

Coffee exists.

Coffee exists.
Loryn Brantz / BuzzFeed

Sweatpants were invented.

Sweatpants were invented.
Loryn Brantz / BuzzFeed

The atoms that make up your body and everything you love have been around for billions of years and will continue to exist long after you’re gone

The atoms that make up your body and everything you love have been around for billions of years and will continue to exist long after you're gone






















Loryn Brantz / BuzzFeed

Books, cheese, tea, love, the sky, clouds, flowers, trees, grass, lakes, bunnies, warm blankets, dancing, hugs, smiles, kisses, people that care, art, movies, rain, phones, computers, ice cream, pillows, beds, travels, air, the sun & the moon, hope & you all exist.

Books, cheese, tea, love, the sky, clouds, flowers, trees, grass, lakes, bunnies, warm blankets, dancing, hugs, smiles, kisses, people that care, art, movies, rain, phones, computers, ice cream, pillows, beds, travels, air, the sun and the moon, hope and you all exist.
Loryn Brantz / BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed


Jerry was at a marriage seminar, & the leader of the seminar, a lady, was asking everybody if they were happily married & how long they were married for. 

When it was Jerry’s turn he said that he was happily married for almost 50 years. “Wow” the leader gushed “that’s amazing, perhaps you can take a few minutes to share some insights with everybody, how you stay happily married to the same woman for so long."

“Well,” Jerry said after thinking for a few moments, “I try to treat her nice, buy her presents, take her on trips & best of all, for our 25th anniversary I took her to the Bahamas.” 

“Well that’s really beautiful & a true inspiration for all of us,” the lady said.  “Maybe you can tell us what you are going to do for your 50th anniversary” she said with a smile.  

“Well,” Jerry said, “I’m thinking of going back to the Bahamas to pick her up.”
------------------------------------------
A teacher asks the new student her name. The girl replies, "Happy Butt."

The teacher says, "I don't think that's your name. You need to go to the principal's office and get this straightened out."

The girl goes to the principal's office and he asks, "What's your name?" The little girl says, "Happy Butt."


The principal calls the girl's mother to get the truth. After getting off the phone, he says, "Honey, your name is Gladys, not Happy Butt."

The girl says, "Glad Ass--Happy Butt--what's the difference?"

-------------------------------------------
Oscar Wilde
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

Max Kauffman
I never knew what real happiness was until I got married & by then it was too late.

Unknown
Money can't buy happiness; it can, however, rent it.
  
Kin Hubbard
It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness; poverty and wealth have both failed.

Clare Boothe Luce
Money can't buy happiness, but it can make you awfully comfortable while you're being miserable.

Rodney Dangerfield
My wife & I were happy for twenty years. Then we met!

  Oscar Wilde
A man can be happy with any woman, as long as he does not love her.

Oscar Wilde
How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being?
------------------------------------------------

When I was in grade school, they told me to write down what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I wrote down “happy”.
They told me I didn't understand the assignment,
I told them they didn't understand life.















People say money is not the key to happiness; but I always figured if you had enough money, you can have a key made----fishducky

 


18 comments:

  1. Happiness is the very best ambition.
    And hooray for Calvin. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music, chocolate, coffee and books: what else does a girl need?
    Oh, the cat.
    Happy seems to be my default state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it takes a small dose of misery to enjoy happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But only enough to realize you're happy!!

      Delete
  4. Ha! I need to find a locksmith to make me the key to happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the Loryn Brantz cartoons in the first half of the post. I miss Charles Schulz. He had a way of putting everything in perspective.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Brantz (I assume she's a woman) is VERY clever; I miss Schulz, too!! (I read all of his books to my kids, then gave them to them to read to THEIR kids.)

      Delete
  6. This is true stuff. We get so caught up in the bad things around us that we don't see all the things we take for granted that can bring much happiness.....Butt touching for example.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. The otters gave me a giggle. I see the ducky is now officially one of the new Monopoly pieces. For you I am happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all of it. I would like to add my blue jeans to the top list. Smiles....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am guilty of sweatpants face during most of my day. The dogs (who love me very much) don't seem to mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs don't care how dressed up or sloppy we are; they have absolutely no sense of style!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.