Follow

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

6 DEFINITIONS, 7 LOGICS, 8 EIGHTS, A COUPLE OF NINES AND MORE THAN 10 CARTOONS (AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE)



6 DEFINITIONS

{1} Once all villagers decided to pray for rain, on the day of prayer all the people gathered, but only one boy came with an umbrella.
That's FAITH

{2} When you throw a baby in the air, she laughs because she knows you will catch her.
That's TRUST

{3} Every night we go to bed, without any assurance of being alive the next morning but still we set the alarms to wake up.
That's HOPE

{4} We plan big things for tomorrow in spite of zero knowledge of the future.
That's CONFIDENCE

{5} We see the world suffering, but still we get married and have children.
That's LOVE

{6} On an old man's shirt was written a sentence 'I am not 91 years old ... I am sweet 16 with 75 years’ experience.
That's ATTITUDE












"9" by Tim Burton
Release date: 09/09/09


When 9 first comes to life, he finds himself in a post-apocalyptic world where all humans are gone, and it is only by chance that he discovers a small community of others like him taking refuge from fearsome machines that roam the earth intent on their extinction. Despite being the neophyte of the group, 9 convinces the others that hiding will do them no good. They must take the offensive if they are to survive, and they must discover why the machines want to destroy them in the first place. As they'll soon come to learn, the very future of civilization may depend on them.


"Nine"
The musical
Review by Rotten Tomatoes



"Nine" is a vibrant and provocative musical that follows the life of world famous film director Guido Contini as he reaches a creative and personal crisis of epic proportion, while balancing the numerous women in his life including his wife, his mistress, his film star muse, his confidant and costume designer, an American fashion journalist, the whore from his youth and his mother.

It received 38% on the Tomato Meter.
Some reviews:

Nine should have been called 4 1/2 because it doesn't come close to the work of the master who inspired it.

The film suffers from the simple fact that its songs aren't memorable.

It's a movie about a musical about a movie about a man's inner life -- surely we can eliminate some of the middle men.

Where Fellini dared us to race alongside his imagination, Marshall is thuddingly cautious.

There's a lot of high-powered star wattage in Nine, but it never generates much heat.











                                 













 


14 comments:

  1. I laughed at every one! And two and three and four.....
    Definiton #3: I've never set an alarm clock in my life, I know I'm going to wake up, and just when I need to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no reason to set the alarm since my hearing started failing; I can't hear it, anyway!!

      Delete
  2. The Seven lovely logics are brilliant.
    I do set the alarm - and get up before it and turn it off. Definitely a belt and braces woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They ARE brilliant; I wish I had thought of them!!

      Delete
  3. I can't recall laughing at numbers before, but you've got me chuckling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An old numbers joke for you:
      A guy gets sent to prison. His first day in the yard they are told to walk in a circle, no talking allowed between the prisoners. After a few minutes somebody yells "16" and the whole yard erupts with laughter. They continue walking in circles when someone else shouts out "54" and again everybody starts dying laughing. The new guy, being confused, whispers to the guy in front, "Hey, what's with the numbers?" The other prisoner tells him, "Well, since we aren't allowed to speak to one another we've memorized jokes and assigned numbers to them all. When somebody shouts out a number, we think of the joke and then laugh".
      Wanting to make a good impression on his first day, the new guy waits his turn. More numbers are called and everyone is laughing as they walk. Finally the new guy decides to make his mark, "18" he yells....but nobody laughs.
      After a few minutes he whispers to the guy in front again, "Hey what the hell, man?" The guy turns to him and says, "Ahh, well, its all in the way you tell it".

      Delete
  4. I'm not good with numbers, fortunately Mrs. C is.

    Ever notice that on quiz shows the answer to almost every math question is "one" or "absolute zero."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bud is the numbers man in our house!!

      Delete
  5. Wish I were good with numbers but hey, we can't be good at everything. Loved the 7 logics. I need to work on #2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once we reach a "certain age" why should we worry about what others think of us?

      Delete
  6. My son Genius wanted that movie, "9" when he was a freshman in high school. I had a class that had earned a reward, and rather than leave them the regular work when I was out for a doctor's appointment, I let them vote on three movies that belonged to my own kids. They voted for "9".

    I've still never seen that movie. The next day, I asked how they liked it, and that class said, "It was the most depressing movie we ever saw!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen it, either, & now I see no reason to!!

      Delete
  7. "What others think of you is none of your business" now that is one a lot of us need to realize, I never thought of it that way, I'll work on that.

    Actually liked everything you posted, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Actually liked everything you posted, thank you." Feel free to make comments like that ANY time!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.