Follow

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

MARY HAD A LITTLE LAMB, THE REAL STORY


I know it's true because I read it in the paper!!




Mary Had a Little Lamb,
by Mother Goose

Mary had a little lamb; its fleece was white as snow,
And everywhere that Mary went, the lamb was sure to go.

It followed her to school one day, which was against the rule.
The cafeteria lady was surprised to see a lamb at school.

She offered to take care of it and Mary said, “All right.”
At lunch she got the “special” and took a great big bite.

She thought it was delicious as it slid down to her belly
And knew it’d be even better if covered with mint jelly.

“Yummy,” she said and then she had another slice.
She knew that all the other kids had thought her lamb was nice.

The thought of a ham sandwich tomorrow simply made her drool
And she wondered if she could get her pig to follow her to school.










































----fishducky


 


16 comments:

  1. Poor Mary had a LOT of spam.
    When Mary had a little lamb, the doctors were surprised
    When Old MacDonald had a farm they couldn't believe their eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww rats, Elephant's Child beat me to it.
    Loved all the cartoons. I had a little lamb once, but since then I've stuck to beef.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see what rhymes with beef. Thief, grief, relief, etc; I guess I could have written it that way!!

      Delete
  3. Now I want lamb chops for dinner. Mint jelly with lamb, I thought that was just a WASP thing! All my wives made fun of me for demanding mint jelly with lamb...they never even heard mint jelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought they went together, like turkey & cranberry sauce; but then again I never married you!!

      Delete
  4. Never had lamb until I married Cindy, her dad used to raise them and yes mint jelly was part of the deal, so in fact Cindy always had a little lamb....I'm going to ask if she knew Mary.

    Mary had a little spam, and the stalker lamb I got a laugh out of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy does it right, at least with her jelly!!

      Delete
  5. Stalker lamb! These were all good, though, and I enjoyed your story--although that's why I rarely eat meat. I'd have to bring a chicken or a tuna to school these days--LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I have written this with chicken? Thicken? Quicken? Sicken? I don't think it would have worked!!

      Delete
  6. She didn't eat her little lamb?? Well lamb is really good--one of my favorites. Liked the stalker lamb also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are all hilarious! I was going to point out my enjoyment of the stalker lamb, but since I don't want to be a copycat, I will admit that I also liked Mary with the little skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pressure; like whatever you want!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.