Follow

Friday, June 30, 2017

TODAY’S POST IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE LETTER “H”










Here is the heartfelt tail tale of H. H. (for Hee Haw) HorseHee Haw was once the mane main horse of a whole herd of horses but hardly was he ever happy.  Honestly, he was considered a hunk & could have any mare (the hussies) he wanted, although in his heart he loved Helena Horse, a distant cousin & a fine piece of horseflesh. He also had a place of high honor with the stallions.  

However, he heard this little voice inside him saying, “Get off your high horse & make horses laugh.  The world needs more humor & horse laughs!!”  He had a hankering to do just that. So he hastily put on his best halter & harness & hiked up the hill to open mic night at the comedy club, a local hangout.  He was very hesitant & was nibbling at his hoof (a horrid habit he had) when he heard the M. C. get on the horn & announce in a hearty voice, “Put your hooves together for H. H. Horse!!”  He thought he would heave if he was heckled but he was a huge hit; absolutely hilarious!!  The audience was hoarse from laughing & there wasn’t a hiss or boo from the herd.  It felt heavenlyHe had a hidden talent; hilarity!!  

The head office wanted to hire him for a huge hitch at their mane main club in Harrisburg.  He took the gig, but after some months, he got horribly homesick.  The hubbub of Harrisburg hounded him.  He wanted to be back home on the prairie.  He decided he was just a humble horse at heart & that showbiz was not for him.  He went back to his hotel & checked out.  

At home, he had a hunch that Helena would be waiting for him.  He found her & got down on his haunches & proposed.  He loved his life as a husband & when he had time he told jokes to his happy herd.

















I can't do a horse post without including this:


The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with----fishducky

 


 


17 comments:

  1. You could have left off that last one and I wouldn't have minded one bit.
    I love the horse drawn carriage and horses being introduced to America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the horse playing dead.
    And the horses being introduced.
    I don't think there is enough shampoo in the world for that last woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing that last one before, all I can say is she did put herself in position for that ha ha

    I wonder if she uses Mane and Tail shampoo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you keep following this blog you'll probably see it again!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm very selective about which cartoons I put in!!

      Delete
  5. Ha! Love the "horse drawn" carriage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard when you have to hold the brush between both hooves!!

      Delete
  6. Loved the clever usage of the "H's" in H H Horse saga.
    "Finishing first" cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was HARDER than I HOPED it would be!!

      Delete
  7. Clever from top to bottom... I don't think you'll EVER run out of cool ideas for blog posts. As funny as this all was, I think that last picture was kinda... how shall I say this?... crappy... (She asked for it, though, didn't she?)

    Have super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bif!! Bam!! Thank you, ma'am!! I love your posts, too!!

      Delete
  8. I imagine there was quite a bit of mounting excitement in "50 Shades of Hay."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you know that's what he was reading in the first cartoon?

      Delete
  9. Haha - I'm laughing at the above comments. How hilarious.
    I'm already out of h's and not nearly as clever as you.
    This post reminds me of Mr. Ed too. I used to love that show. Thank you for the cheery images (not including the final one) and memories, Fishducky.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.