Follow

Friday, July 28, 2017

HOW SMART DO YOU FEEL TODAY?


Here are some puzzles for you.

In each case, fill in the blanks so the sentence makes sense. For example:

24 h- in a d-.
“24 H in a D” becomes “24 hours in a day”. 
Got it? Good. Be warned, they get harder…
(Answers are below cartoons..)

1. 50 s- in the U- S-.

2. 1760 y- in a m-.

3. 12 in a b- d-.

4. 206 b- in the h- b-.

5. 52 c- in a d-.

6. 6 w- of H- the E-.

7. 8 t- on an o-.

8. 4 h-of the A-.

9. 18 h on a g- c-.

10. 29 d- in F- in a l- y-.

11. 7 H- P- b-.

12. 45 p- of the U- S-.

13. 4 s- on a b- g-.

14. 1 w- on a u-.

15. 5 v- in the a-.

Maybe you're hungry & would rather have some food puzzles.
Can you tell what they're trying to say?
(Answers below cartoons.)



1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

If you're feeling really smart, try this:

Einstein's riddle

The situation

There are 5 houses in five different colors.

In each house lives a person with a different nationality.

These five owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same beverage.

The question is: Who owns the fish?

Hints

  • The Brit lives in the red house.
  • The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
  • The Dane drinks tea.
  • The green house is on the left of the white house.
  • The green house's owner drinks coffee.
  • The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
  • The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
  • The man living in the center house drinks milk.
  • The Norwegian lives in the first house.
  • The man who smokes blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
  • The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
  • The owner who smokes BlueMaster drinks beer.
  • The German smokes Prince.
  • The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
  • The man who smokes blend has a neighbor who drinks water.
Einstein said that 98% of the world could not solve it.

For the answer, click here.


















Answers:
1. 50 states in the United States.
2. 1760 yards in a mile.
3. 13 in a baker's dozen.
4. 206 bones in the human body.
5. 52 cards in a deck.
6. 6 wives of Henry the Eighth
7. 8 tentacles on an octopus.
8. 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse.
9. 18 holes on a golf course.
10. 29 days in February in a leap year.
11. 7 Harry Potter books.
12. 45 presidents of the United States.
13. 4 strings on a bass guitar.
14. 1 wheel on a unicycle.
15. 5 vowels in the alphabet.
(BuzzFeed)


Answers to food puzzles:
1. Crying over spilled milk. 
2. In a pickle.
3. One smart cookie.
4. Easy as pie.
5. Eyes bigger than your stomach.
6. Hard nut to crack.
7. Too many cooks in the kitchen.
8. Piece of cake.
9. Best thing since sliced bread.
10. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
11. Two peas in a pod.
(BuzzFeed)

Is there a refund for this being adult thing or what?----fishducky

 


22 comments:

  1. For the first quiz I only got answers to 1 and 2; for the food puzzles I got 1&2, 4&5, 9&10. Today must be my dumb day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take it you didn't solve Einstein's riddle!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Take 2 aspirin & call me in the morning!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. That's what you were supposed to be!!

      Delete
  4. Thank goodness you threw in the food puzzles or I'd be sitting in the corner wearing a pointy hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think pointy hats are in style!!

      Delete
  5. Not awake enough to tackle Einstein's riddle (or smart enough?). LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to think too hard on that, the food puzzles were easier but I cant claim to doing very well on the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't overthink; you could end up with a brain injury!!

      Delete
  7. I couldn't get the peas in a pod, or the best thing since sliced bread (I thought the bread was in prison!), or the piece of cake, or the eyes bigger than the stomach. So I didn't even attempt Einstein's riddle, because I didn't want to overdose on failure today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the laughs, and for making me realize I'm not as smart as I pretend to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is anyone as smart as they pretend to be?

      Delete
  9. I LOVE these kinds of puzzles, mainly because I'm good at them. (My mind is reeeeeally weird...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could tell that by reading your posts!!

      Delete
  10. At this moment I'm tired so I would have to say I'm not smart at all...Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be over in a few minutes for the coffee!!

      Delete
  11. Can you tell what they're trying to say? (Answers below cartoons.) 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. If you're feeling really smart, try this: ...
    ตารางคะแนน

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'm not feeling really smart!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.