Follow

Monday, August 7, 2017

LAWS THAT EVEN FISHDUCKY THOUGHT WERE WEIRD




(To see another post on weird laws, click here.)


● In California, it is illegal for a vehicle without a driver to exceed 60 miles per hour. 

● In Chicago, it is illegal for anyone to eat in a place that is on fire. 

● In Devon, Texas, it is against the law to make furniture while you are nude. 

● In Kentucky, it's illegal to paint your lawn red. 

● In Miami, Florida, imitating animals is illegal. 

● In Michigan, it is illegal to chain an alligator to a fire hydrant. 

● In Oklahoma, it is illegal to make faces at a dog, a crime that could result in a prison sentence. 

● In San Francisco, it's illegal to pile horse manure more than six feet high on a street corner. 

● In South Carolina, it is 
legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays. 

● In Tennessee, you are breaking the law if you drive while sleeping. 

● In British Columbia, it is illegal to kill a Sasquatch or Bigfoot if one is ever found. 

● In England, it is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the King or Queen upside down. 

● In Germany, it is illegal to stop on an autobahn (expressway). It is also illegal to run out of gas on an autobahn. 

● In France, it is illegal to name a pig "Napoleon". 

● In France, it is stated as illegal to marry a dead person. 

● In Samoa, it is a crime to forget your own wife's birthday. 

● In San Salvador, drunk drivers can be sentenced to death by firing squad. 

● In Singapore, chewing gum is illegal. Spitting in public is also illegal and can result in arrest. 

● In Bangladesh, children age 15 and older can be sent to jail for cheating on their final exams. 

● In Lebanon, if a man is caught having sex with a male animal, the penalty is death. Sex with a female animal is okay. 

● In Thailand it is illegal to step on money because it has the image of the king on it and stepping on it signifies disrespect. 

● In Hong Kong, there's a law that allows a wife to kill her husband if she finds him cheating. However, she must kill him with her bare hands. 

● The only two countries where divorce is illegal are the Philippines and The Vatican. 

● In Fiji, public nudity and topless bathing are illegal. 



























----fishducky

 


23 comments:

  1. Now I am feeling weird. Some of those laws make perfect sense to me. Not saying which ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on a few as well.

      Delete
    2. EC, I hope it's not the Hong Kong one (3rd from bottom)!!

      Delete
    3. Joe, in your case, I KNOW it's not the Hong Kong one!!

      Delete
  2. Ha! I don't think the law mandates where a helmet is to be worn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your wife is able capable of killing you with her bare hands, I can understand why the husband might cheat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be scared to marry her in the first place!!

      Delete
  4. Thanks. Now I know where not to live. SC is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's OK to live there; just leave the state on Sundays!!

      Delete
    2. Coming from a guy from South Carolina I have the perfect answer, don't go down to the court house on Sunday.

      I tried that once but Cindy beat me up before we got there ha ha.

      Delete
  5. X would have been tossed in jail in Samoa. 30+ years of marriage and he couldn't remember my birthday.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I ever cheated it wouldn't matter if I were in Hong Kong or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I need to warn The Pony not to make faces at dogs while he's attending the University of Oklahoma.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bike helmet cartoon made me laugh. Reminds me of the knee and elbow protectors my kids had and refused to wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids grew up before protectors!!

      Delete
  9. In Massachusetts no gorilla is allowed in the back seat of any car. (A friend from MA told me this one).
    And some of those aren't that bad. The autobahn one is for safety as there are no speed limits. It is only allowed to stop if there's something wrong with your car. And once you've stopped, everyone must get out and stand behind the safety barriers in case someone crashes in the parked car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there a law against gorillas in the front seat? Or driving?

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog; glad I could be of help!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.