Follow

Thursday, August 3, 2017

THANKS, I GUESS...

I can only remember two "Thanks, I guess" moments.

When my kids were 6 or 7, they decided to make me breakfast in bed for some occasion or another.  They made me one of my favorites; pancakes.  They all climbed up on my bed so they could watch me enjoy them.  The only problem was that they weren't cooked long enough.  Have you ever eaten pancakes that were still sort of battery inside while trying to appear happy & grateful?  I did!!

The other time was when my friends & I were at the pitch & putt golf course, waiting to play a game.  I was 30-35 at the time.  One old geezer was staring at me for a long time.  He finally came up to me & said, "You must have been really beautiful when you were young."  I had no idea how to answer!!

Here are some other "Thanks, I guess" moments I found on BuzzFeed:

1. This girl and her ID.
reddit.com
2. This sister and her birthday “present.”
tumblr.tastefullyoffensive.com
3. This sister and her thoughtfulness.
tumblr.tastefullyoffensive.com
4. This cake maker and their unfortunate mistake.
tumblr.tastefullyoffensive.com
5. This dad and his large graduation check.
instagram.com
6. This husband and his “Coach” bag.
reddit.com
7. This sister who gave her sister what she wanted.
Twitter: @Juhmil
8. This boyfriend who knows how to treat his bae.
vickohumorking.net
9. Karlie and her apology for being a bitch.
tumblr.tastefullyoffensive.com
10. This boyfriend and his thoughtful gift.
reddit.com
11. Evan and his Valentine to his sister.
tumblr.tastefullyoffensive.com
12. This little sister and her birthday card.
reddit.com
13. This person and their mix CD for their lover.
latelycravingmore.tumblr.com
14. This dad and his choice of bags.
tumblr.tastefullyoffensive.com
15. This person and their balloon valentine.
vickohumorking.net
16. This cake cutter and their hints.
reddit.com
17. These kids and their Father’s Day breakfast.
reddit.com
18. This son and his beautiful letter to his mom.
imgur.com
19. And these coworkers and their creativity.
tumblr.tastefullyoffensive.com

















18 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is a very lucky thing (for them) that we love our families...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the wise man with the Pampers, a much more practical gift in my opinion. Blankets would have been good too.
    I also love #3 the plate with a little bit of everything saved, but #16-How much icing is on that cake? There's almost no cake at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blankets would have been great; that straw must have been scratchy!!

      Delete
  3. Terrific gift ideas!

    You should of told the old dude, "You must of looked less old when you were young!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't happen often but I was at a loss for words!!

      Delete
  4. This reminds me of the time CJ was six and wanted to make his Mom breakfast in bed. He made warm water and pale toast. She professed to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those runny pancaked hit home. I fixed those once for my new husband and his brother's breakfast. He raised the roof, my brother-in-law ate them and smiled sweetly. Kind of married the wrong guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're supposed to be able to make them right when you're a grown up!!

      Delete
  6. I used to make cheese toast for the kids, toast a piece of bread with a slice of cheese on it in the oven, you should have seen the smoke and mess when my youngest tried to surprise me by making it in the toaster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was probably a surprise for both of you!!

      Delete
  7. I used to make a roast for lunch on Sundays. When my oldest stepson HOS was around ten, he asked if we were having "stringy meat" again. He liked it. But that's how he thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were beautiful when you were younger? You were still young, and you're young now because you are young at heart.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am young at heart but old of face!!

      Delete
  9. Burst out laughing at several of these. So glad you caught me up!! Three at a time I can handle. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending you my posts is not a problem!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.